Blacksmithing is one of the many tradeskills you can use to craft gear in Elder Scrolls Online (ESO). From weapons to armor, blacksmithing provides players with the necessary tools to create and upgrade some of the best gear in the game. In this guide, we’ll be going over all the basics you need to know about blacksmithing and how to start crafting your gear.
What is Blacksmithing in ESO?
Blacksmithing is the art of creating and upgrading weapons and armor. To start blacksmithing, you first need to have the blacksmithing skill line. Once you have the skill line, you’ll need to find a blacksmithing station. These stations are usually found in cities and towns, and can be used to create or upgrade gear.
Materials Needed for Blacksmithing
To start blacksmithing, you’ll need to gather materials. There are three types of materials you’ll need to create gear:
- Ore: This is used to create metal bars, which are then used to make weapons and armor.
- Wood: This is used to create shields and staves.
- Leather: This is used to create light armor.
You can gather these materials by mining ore veins, chopping down trees, and skinning animals. Once you have the materials, you can then use them to create gear at a blacksmithing station.
Upgrading Gear with ESO gold
BlackSmithing also allows you to upgrade your gear. Upgrading your gear can make it more powerful, and increase its stats. To upgrade your gear, you’ll need to have both the gear you want to upgrade and the materials needed to upgrade it.
One of the best ways to get the materials you need for blacksmithing is by buying ESO gold. ESO goldis the in-game currency, and it can be used to purchase a variety of items, including blacksmithing materials.
Benefits of Blacksmithing in ESO
There are several benefits to blacksmithing in ESO. Here are a few of the most important:
- Crafting Custom Gear: Blacksmithing allows you to create custom gear that is tailored to your playstyle. Whether you’re looking for gear with more damage, or gear with better armor, blacksmithing provides you with the tools you need to create the gear you want.
- Earning ESO Gold: Blacksmithing can also be a lucrative way to earn ESO gold. As you create gear and upgrade it, you can sell it to other players for a profit.
- Improving Your Character: Finally, blacksmithing can help you improve your character. As you upgrade your gear, you’ll increase its stats, making your character stronger and more capable in combat.
Tips for Blacksmithing in ESO
Here are a few tips to help you get started with blacksmithing in ESO:
- Start with Ore: If you’re just starting out, we recommend focusing on blacksmithing with ore. Ore is the easiest material to find and gather, and it’s also the most versatile.
- Find a Good Blacksmithing Station: Make sure you find a good blacksmithing station. Look for a station that’s located in a city or town, and that has plenty of resources nearby.
- Save Your Mats: Finally, make sure you save your materials. BlackSmithing can be expensive, so it’s a good idea to save your materials and use them wisely.
How to Get an ESO Account
If you’re new to Elder Scrolls Online, you’ll need to get an ESO account to start playing. Here are the steps to get an ESO account:
- Go to the ESO website: The first step is to go to the ESO website and create an account.
- Choose Your Platform: Next, you’ll need to choose which platform you want to play on. ESO is available on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation.
- Purchase the Game: Once you’ve chosen your platform, you’ll need to purchase the game. You can purchase the game through the ESO website, or through your preferred platform’s store.
- Download and Install the Game: Once you’ve purchased the game, you’ll need to download and install it. The download and installation process will vary depending on your platform.
After you’ve completed these steps, you’ll have an ESO account and you’ll be able to start playing.
Stoke the Fire and Start Hammering!
Blacksmithing is a great way to craft custom gear and improve your character in Elder Scrolls Online. By gathering materials, upgrading your gear, and selling it for a profit, you can make ESO gold and become a top-notch blacksmith. Whether you’re a seasoned veteran or a newcomer, blacksmithing is a valuable trade skill that’s well worth learning. So, gather your materials, find a good blacksmithing station, and get started!