The Group 4 examination is a scheduled exam of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission conducted annually to fill up notified vacancies. This year, the commission has announced July 24, 2022, as the date of the examination date. The TNPSC Group 4 service exam is a single format exam conducted offline. The candidates must clear the cut-off marks to qualify for counselling, document verification, and final selection.
The exam is conducted per the pre-announced TNPSC Group 4 syllabus, published in the applicable prospectus. The TNPSC Group 4 Admit Card is a critical document for the candidates and is usually released ten to twelve days before the scheduled date of the examination. Now let us take a look at the download procedure of this vital document. Before that, an overview of the exam pattern:
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern
Typically, the Group 4 selection exam is for 300 marks, divided into two parts of 150 marks each — a) Tamil Language and b) General Studies, Aptitude and mental ability. The exam duration is 3 hours.
As per previous years’ exam pattern, there are 100 questions in the Tamil language section and another 100 for part (b), divided into 75 for General Studies and 25 for Aptitude and Mental ability. A candidate must obtain a minimum of 40 % marks in the Tamil Language section to qualify.
However, it is best to remember that the exam pattern is not fixed and may change at any time per the decision of the conducting agency.
How to Download Group 4 admit card
TNPSC sends intimation of the call letter / admit card release to the registered contact number of the candidates. The hall ticket or the TNPSC Group 4 Admit Card is a critical document. Candidates can enter the exam hall only when the hall ticket is presented. The download process is explained below in steps:
Step 1: Access the official website of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (tnpsc.gov.in).
Step 2: On the homepage, navigate to the exam dashboard and then to Hall ticket download; choose the Group 4 call letter- 2022 link.
Step 3: Log in with your Roll number / Registration /Date of Birth.
Step 4: Click download.
Step 5: Save the hall ticket in PDF and arrange printouts.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam: Hall ticket Details
The hall ticket will show the following information:
1) Name of the candidate.
2) Registration number.
3) Candidate’s Photograph and Signature.
4) Complete address of allotted examination centre.
5) The date and time of the examination
Things to remember for a successful Admit Card Download
- A reliable and stable internet connection is necessary.
- Login information must be kept handy — Date of Birth, Registration / Roll Number, Password.
- Working printer or suitable printing arrangement.
Some candidates may face the following issues:
- a) Login issues:
The issue may be equipment specific or internet related. A different source may solve the problem.
- b) Incorrect information on the admit card:
Inconsistencies are serious, and candidates must immediately approach the TNPSC help desk. The TNPSC website provides the grievance redressal cell’s contact details and a separate toll-free contact number.
Conclusion: Points to Remember
- Candidates applying for the TNPSC Group 4 exams must have confirmed contact details, like a working e-mail address and a phone number.
- To facilitate proper downloading, a stable internet connection and suitable arrangements for printing must be organised.
- Along with the hall ticket or the admit card, a photo-id proof like Aadhaar or Voter’s card is required. Candidates should check for acceptable identification documents in advance (from the TNPSC website) to avoid last-minute hassles. In addition, candidates must strictly adhere to the reporting time for the exam as mentioned in the hall ticket.