Two terms that confuse people are Offshore Web Hosting and Offshore Virtual Server. For many people, both are the same, but that is not the case. Technically, you can say that offshore hosting is one when the servers are located outside of your own country. People use this service to achieve a particular goal, mainly privacy, security, freedom of speech, or tax benefits.
The best offshore hosting providers have a total commitment to privacy with the cores of their DNA, including solid privacy policies, the geographical location of the physical server, and various measures like domain privacy protection via cryptocurrencies and minimum storage of their client’s information. The literal definition of offshore web hosting is the process of your hosting your data in a different country other than your own. In this scenario, the server is in another country. Offshore hosting providers value their customers’ data privacy immensely and help them avoid local laws and censorship. It offers a more flexible content policy, where one can share their political views freely.
When to choose Offshore Web Hosting
- Performance is the Priority- The primary focus of your business is to get the best offshore web hosting solutions. If you want super-fast services that offer high-speed content delivery with zero latency, this is the right option.
- Generally Pricier- As the server in the case of Offshore Web Hosting is located outside the country, the provider must dedicate a lot of resources to maintaining the server that can drive the cost. The user might have to pay the premium price in such a scenario.
- Zero Downtime- With Offshore Web Hosting, you get access to robust hardware, software and a tech-savvy team that is available round the clock to ensure that your website or services are running at full potential.
What Is Offshore Virtual Server?
An Offshore Virtual Server implies that the server’s location may or may not be outside the user’s country. In this case, they take the help of an aspect known as a virtual server that changes the location virtually despite requiring to change the physical location of the servers. Offshore Virtual Server offers high-speed connectivity and improves the uptime of your server. With an Offshore Virtual Server, you can be sure to cut costs on your hosting plans. One of the most significant advantages of an Offshore Virtual Server is the protection from government interference.
When to choose Offshore Virtual Server
- Reduced Cost- As the servers are not physically located in other countries, the providers must put limited resources into maintaining the server, meaning the overall price of the plans will be less. It is an excellent option for users who wants to use offshore hosting at a reduced price.
- Latency-With the Offshore Virtual Server, your services might face some latency since the servers have to redirect the traffic from one server to the other and use virtualisation to change the server’s IP address.
Both Offshore Web Hosting and Offshore Virtual Server are great options. You can choose the one that suits your business goals and other requirements.