It’s no secret that analytics-driven decision-making is more important than ever in the current business landscape. Businesses need to be able to make quick and informed decisions in order to stay afloat in these turbulent times. And that’s where analytics experts come in. A career in data analytics is more important than ever, and getting certified can give you an edge over the competition.
In this article, we will discuss 5 reasons why getting an analytics certification makes sense for your career. We’ll also take a look at the role of analytics experts in modern businesses and explore 3 job roles where an analytics certification would be useful. Finally, we’ll provide some tips on how to prepare for a career in data analytics.
5 reasons why a career in analytics makes sense
- The analytics industry is booming. The analytics market is expected to grow from $24.60 billion in 2019 to $48.78 billion by 2024, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 14.0%. This rapid growth is driven by the need for organizations to make data-driven decisions in order to stay competitive.
- There is a high demand for analytics experts. In 2018, there were over 700,000 job postings for analytics-related roles in the United States alone. And the number has been growing over the years.
- Analytics experts are well-compensated. The median salary for analytics professionals is $85,000 per year. And those with analytics certifications can earn even more.
- Analytics is a versatile field. Analytics experts can work in a variety of industries and job roles. Some popular analytics roles include data scientist, business analyst, and data engineer.
- Analytics is here to stay. In the post-covid world, analytics-driven decision-making is more important than ever. Businesses need to be able to make quick and informed decisions in order to stay afloat. And that’s where analytics experts come in.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career with high demand and good compensation, then a career in analytics is worth considering. And if you want to give yourself a competitive edge, then getting an analytics certification makes sense.
What is the role of a data analyst in a modern business?
The role of analytics has evolved over the years. In the past, analytics was primarily used for reporting and decision support. But nowadays, analytics is used for much more.
Analytics is now used to drive business decisions, optimize marketing campaigns, understand customer behavior, and even predict future trends. As such, the role of an analytics expert has become more important than ever.
Analytics experts are responsible for collecting, cleaning, and analyzing data. They use their findings to help businesses make better decisions.
Analytics experts work in a variety of industries, including retail, healthcare, finance, and manufacturing. And they can hold a variety of job titles, such as data analyst, business analyst, data scientist, and data engineer.
No matter what industry they work in or what job title they hold, analytics experts are responsible for helping businesses make better decisions by turning data into insights.
How to prepare for a career in analytics?
If you’re interested in a career in analytics, there are a few things you can do to prepare.
First, it’s important to get a solid foundation in math and statistics. This will give you the ability to understand and analyze data.
Second, it’s also important to have strong problem-solving skills. As an analytics expert, you’ll be responsible for solving complex business problems.
Third, it’s helpful to have experience with data analytics software and tools. This will give you a head start in your career.
And finally, it’s a good idea to get an analytics certification. This will show employers that you’re serious about your career and that you have the skills and knowledge to be successful.
How to choose an analytics course?
When choosing an analytics course, there are a few things to keep in mind.
First, you should make sure the course covers the basics of analytics. This includes math, statistics, and data analysis.
Second, you should make sure the course covers the most popular analytics software and tools. This includes Excel, Tableau, and R.
Third, you should make sure the course is taught by experienced analytics experts. This will ensure that you’re getting the best possible education.
And finally, you should make sure the course is accredited by a reputable organization.
Good analytics training and a worthy analytics certification can be life-altering for you. It opens so many new vistas – new areas of study, ladders that you’d never imagined you’d have, and a high-impact job role that is going to stay relevant for a while.