The extra volume in long hair needs an extra strong, durable, large, and fashionable shower cap to support all that excess weight while showering. In addition, the best shower caps for long hair need specific features to make them practical for people with long hair, such as having enough space in the cap while also maintaining the right amount of tightness, so it does not slip off.
This article will look at all the features the best shower cap for long hair has so you know what to look for when making a purchase and the right way to put on and wear a shower cap for long hair.
What Are the Best Shower Caps for Long Hairs?
The best shower caps for long hairs have the following features in them:
- They are leak proof.
- They are made of durable material.
- They have generous space in the cap.
- They have fine tightness control.
Which Best Shower Caps Have All of These Features for Long Hair?
The luxury shower cap by GRACE&COMPANY comes with all these features, along with being available in two new patterns of Gramercy and Clementine (along with the classic colors of Casablanca, Lemon Drop, and Lucie.) This is the best shower cap for curly hair as it has a solid leak-proof band that can catch and holds in long hair, is made of durable material, and has ample space in the cap that is expandable for bouncy hair. There is also a bow that adds a cuteness factor and allows you to fine-tune how loose or tight the shower cap is.
Why do the Best Shower Caps for Long Hairs Need to be Leak-Proof?
Leak-proofing with a strong seal is incredibly important for shower caps designed for long hair, as it offers strength to the overall shape and design of the shower cap, holding in all the hair while also being 100% functional and keeping any water out.
The best form of leak proofing for the best shower cap for curly hair is having a flexiband or thick band around the edge of the shower cap. Flexibands will always be more durable and stronger than thin elastic bands that most other disposable shower caps have. The risk with thin elastic bands is that they won’t have the strength to keep all the hair in the cap, especially when mixed with running water.
Why do the Best Shower Caps Need to be Made of a Durable Material?
Durable material is a critical factor for shower caps for long hair as the cap is going to be holding a lot more volume than what most other shower caps experience, making durable material that can adequately hold a filled shower cap together important, especially if the hair is pushing against the walls of the cap.
Why is Generous Space Necessary for the Best Shower Caps With Long Hair?
Generous space, such as an expandable pocket or extra fabric in the cap, is ideal for long hair or curly hair types as it allows extra space for hair to fill the shower cap, guaranteeing that the shower cap a customer bought when their hair was short will still fit them if they decide to grow their hair out. Visit Now
Why is Tightness Control Necessary for the Best Shower Cap for Curly Hair?
Due to its heavy nature and necessity to stay under the cap at all times, long hair needs extra finesse to ensure it is snug. This is where an adjustable bow is an excellent idea for your shower cap, as micro-adjustments can be made to the cap to ensure the fit is snug and custom for your head.
How Do You Put Long Hair in a Shower Cap?
Here are the stops for wearing long hair in a shower cap:
- Gently take your hair and put it into a messy bun by lightly brushing or detangling it enough to wrap it into a bun. Take your elastic and, covering at the base of your head, instead of making your hair into a ponytail, take your hair through a second or third (depending on your hair thickness) time only halfway. Next, take the ends of your hair and tuck them under the elastic. Your hair is now in a messy bun.
- Tip your head down, using a hand to clear the nape of your neck and gather your hair at the base of the head.
- Place the back edge of the shower cap on the nape of your neck, holding it with your other hand to keep it in place while you stretch it over your head and hair. It should come to land over your ears and along your hairline and forehead area.
- There will likely be loose hair out of the cap. Take this opportunity to tuck the loose ends up under the shower cap. Again, make sure the shower cap is over your ears, as this will help it to stay on your head while you shower. If it needs further adjusting and has a bow, tighten it at the front.
Long hair needs more attention than your average hair length, making shower caps their own ball game. As long as the shower cap you want has extra space designed for long hair is made of durable material with a solid flexiband edge, it should serve you and your haircare routine for a long time to come.